Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trish 's Square Root Scribe Post

Pages 99-1, # 17

QUESTION : Carmen wants to mount an 18 x18 cm square picture on a square board that is four times of the area of the picture.


a) What is the area of the picture?

I answered 324 cm because when you square 18 it totals to 324.





b) What is the area of the board?

For now, I know that the board is 4 times the area of the picture, and so I multiplied 324 to 4 and so the answer is 1296.




c) What are the dimensions of the board?

I answered 36 because if you will find the square root of 1296 the answer will be for sure 36.




If you're having trouble with finding the square root or having troubles with squaring a number, here our some links and videos to help you out.

http://http//www.ehow.com/how_4734274_square-square-root-number.html

http://http//www.math.com/students/calculators/source/square-root.htm



Don't forget to comment and to do our homework for today! pages 99-100, # 1-22.


9 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB TRISH! I like the way you added links, video, and pictures of your own work. Also, I think you used appropriate amount of colors in your post. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Trish! I liked how you had color, links, video, and pictures. Also, its easy to understand & neat. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Trish! I liked how you added links, pictures videos and your scribe is very colorful (: Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job Trish!
    I like how you had links, videos, a lot of colour, and most of all the pictures of your own work. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job Trish, I liked how everything was very colorful and how the pictures were taken by yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing job, Trish! I liked how it was colourful and easy to understand. Your pictures are outstanding! No mistakes to be changed. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, GREAT JOB TRISH! It was a very neat and detailed post, I could tell that you put a lot of effort into it, keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Job Trish! I liked how you added the decent amount of colors,video,pictures that are easy to understand. Keep up the Goodwork!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job Trish! I liked how your added in colors. Your scribe was very organized also easy to understand, great job on posting pictures of your own work, videos and a link. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete