- Version 1
- Final Copy
2. Our first and final drafts were very different from each other. We made various changes to our first draft, to create our final draft. We changed our pictures and we positioned them in different times. Our pictures increased, and fit the narration we added. The narration was a big change as well because now there is no words on the pictures. We added narration instead because we thought that the words and pictures were too distracting and we thought that adding narration will increase our information we put in the movie. Not only did we have narration, but the narration suited the pictures that were shown. We changed the timing in the pictures so the narration would go along with it. My group also changed some of the slides. There is only 1 plain slide and we added that because we thought that there shouldn't be a picture as a background since we though that a picture would be too distracting and we wanted the viewers to concentrate on the voice. We changed the credits as well, since we added in the credits for the pictures. The student comments were helpful because their suggestions were improvements that we never thought of changing. Also, the changes that we made from the viewers, made our project movie a lot better.
3. We found our expert by google searching them, and looking at yellow pages. We searched animal shelters that are in our area and animal shelters that are helpful. The first important point our expert stated was that he said that there are no excuses in animal abuse, and there is no need for it. The second line our expert stated was that people never want to admit that they cause animal abuse because they have problems whether they are an alcoholic, depressed, or they have anger problems. The last line that the expert stated was that the shelter they are running are the only ones speaking out for the animals. Because of our expert, I have learned a lot about animal abuse. First of all, I have learned that many humans choose to not admit that they have commited animal cruelty. Also, I have learned that not many people are speaking out for the animals, but their shelter is because they always accept strays and are always offering to help them out.
5. I think our greatest success during the 2 minutes project was actually going out and making a difference. I think raising money for an animal shelter and spreading awareness was a great success because we got a large amount of donations and many people were notified about animal abuse. Also, I think that getting our pictures, timing, and information on track was a great success because even if it took a long time to do it, we still were able to succeed doing that process. The skills that I will take away from this and use in the future is using movie maker properly and getting 2 audios playing at once. Also, another skill that I will use in the future is crediting all the people who got the pictures. Lastly, the skill of creating a movie on a topic that is really interesting is a skill I will use in the future. This will be helpful because during the process of the movie, I would want to learn more about the topic.
6. What frustrated us during the movie process was finding images that suited the topic. This was very frustrating because some pictures weren't appropriate, they weren't from creative commons, or we just couldn't find some pictures at all. Another thing that frustrated us was trying to put all the information together and pictures together so it would go smoothly. Lastly, the process of getting 2 audios to play at once was very frustrating because we didn't know what to do, and sometimes the audio didn't work at all. A strategy that we used and was helpful was searching broad topics to find pictures. We realized that if it was too narrow, we wouldn't get any results or we didn't get appropriate results.
7. The 2 minutes project is important to grade 8 students because it shows that you are able to make a difference no matter what age you are. It also shows that no matter how big or small your action is towards situations like this, it will always count. It counts because even if you tell 1 person about the situation, that person could tell another person, and so on, and so on. Eventually, it will end to a large amount of people knowing about the problem. The 2 minutes project is also important to grade 8 students because it makes you realize that you are not the only people that are in need right now. It shows that there are many other people around the world who are in bigger situations than you ever thought of. Lastly, it is important to us because it raises awareness about various problems that need to be solved soon. Raising awareness is important because it lets other people know about issues around the world and maybe it will encourage them to start making a difference no matter how small or big it is.
8. In the future I will make a difference by not buying animal tested cosmetics because if you buy their projects, you are supporting animal testing. I will also donate all of my spare change to animal shelters because my change could be a real big effect on them. My donations can possibly cure a sick animal, no matter how big or small it is. I will stop people who try to commit animal abuse and I will report them to the police immediately if I see any animal abuse occuring. Lastly, I will try to raise more awareness by telling all of my family and friends about animal abuse so they will realize what's going on in their current neighborhood.